Sunday 26 August 2007

D o W e S u c k s ?!

"My Typical Malaysian Mind - Part 2..."-katunx-

By looking in the current situation in Australia, their policies and how their government doing in helping to keep sustainability is really astonishing. Just look at every house's yard full with three garbage cans stated "For Garbage Only", "For Recycle Only" and "For Green Waste Only". All this provided by the local authority or the government. Yet, we never see the same situation in Malaysia, I mean there's always "talk the talk" but never come out with "walk the walk".

Also, every university in Australia have really emphasizing on building technology subject or issues in providing better design solution for more sustainable building. It is just a matter of time before the country will come out with more affordable solution for fully sustainable building. You don't expect every buildings in Malaysia to be design like Ken Yeang's design that totally will rip off the client's pocket. Yeah, the reality is the contractor or cost estimators really hate the amount and hassle mingling around the process of erecting a sustainable building.

Yet again, how my country Malaysia really do in moving towards this sustainable approach for every building. I must admit we really do our part in education sector, I still learnt about sustainable approaches in architecture but the issue lies on how willing the real industry members to cooperate and tolerate with this approach. How far will the goverment do to make sure this thing will moving close to realisation. I still don't see any recyle garbage can provided in every house? I still don't see how concern our television station to aware us about how many green house gas emission does Malaysia produce every years? And I can't see most of our Malaysian fighting about this issue?

Australia did it but why can't we? I'm not supporting Australia, no, because I know their concern today was due to the facts of their previous actions. News stated that there is a hole in ozone layer on top of Australia so is that not enough as a main point for their concern level today? Are Malaysia rapidly growing in construction industry and development will not lead to any disastrous future? Do we need to actually wait until our ozone layer has a punch of hole on it then we realize something?

"Why procrastinate while you can actually do it now, you are the government and we don't choose you for nothing...i know it easy for me to talk, but yet at least I talk, I can do it if you do "the walk" -katunx-

2 comments:

afif said...

wat the fuck katun... r u sum kinda personal political onanist? warharhar... welcome to the blogging world....

katunX said...

better than that dude, political is not my game, just some human right poser...wakaka